Friday, October 01, 2004

The Corner Eye

Remember the Famous line, "when you point a finger at someone, there's actually three other fingers pointing back at you"? Well, here's a striking bible text that actually tells us that.

Romans 2:1-3
"You, therefore, have no excuse, you who pass judgement on someone else, for
at whatever point you judge the other, you are condemning yourself, because you who pass judgement do the same things. Now we know that God's judgement against those who do such things is based on truth. So when you a mere man, pass judgement on them yet do the same things, do you think you will escape
God's judgement?"

Sobering... What do you mean by passing judgement?

Meet God again for the first time (Jon Paulien):

"When i declare, 'You shouldn't have done that,' what am i saying? That what you are doing is not right for you. I am PASSING JUDGEMENT on your actions. But if i think it's not right for you, then it's not right for me either. Deep down inside I hold myself accountable to the same rules I point out to others."


Hmm, after reading all these I feel so inspired at a greater living and better character. At the same time, i feel chastised. I have to admit sometimes i do stumble and fall, but i guess each time i fall, Jesus will pick me up and stick handiplast on my wounds. So it's not that bad after all, but i still have limp till the wound is healed and then i try hard not to fall again. =)


No comments: