Saturday, May 28, 2005

Do verses suddenly just pop into your head?

Recently the two bible verse that i feel have made much impact on me with my daily life is
"seek ye first the kingdom of God and it's righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you" and "Ask and it shall be given, seek and ye shall find, Knock and the door shall be open unto you". These are two verses that are so really common and perhaps have become cliche. But only during the last week i realised the significance of it in life.

In the attention seeking, love-deprived and materialistic world we live in, often we find many depressed, desperate and lonely people out there; everywhere. It is easy to fall into these catorgories or unconsciously fall into these ranks should we take less care.

I was perhaps at the edge of this fly-trap and the first verse popped into my head. Just like "poof!" and i am reminded to keep my focus on my heavenly Father and am given the assurance that anything on this earth, anything i could ever want God can give and will give it in due time. If i were to put Him first in my life and keep my motives right. The void, the feeling to be in want is suddenly filled up. Suddenly, i feel so confident of myself with such a powerful person on my side. ahh... I love this feeling.

You know, it's hard being a teenager. Am very sure my friends out there can relate to this. Emotions often run high or run dry. Well, i forgot how this second verse popped in. But it did on a sabbath evening. ya like yesterday, i didn't even this it popped in when i was needing it actually at that time, but i was thinking about it in my shower while i was screaming "refiner's fire". It feels so nice suddenly to know that there is someone that will give you what you seek, ask and knock for. Often times in daily lives, we look for approval, acceptance and ecouragement but are then vulnerable to rejection, contempt or indifference. It can be really hurting and can make you feel so sad. However, Jesus tells us that he will always answer, he will always give and he will never ignore you. Ever. In his omnipotent life. Isn't that just so nice? I feel he must be the nicest person that has ever existed to promise such a thing. You know, if you were to feel dejected or unaccepted, you can hold your chin up high again and say "Hmph! it's alright, i don't need you! i have the Big Guy up there to be there for me!" And i'm sure you have and surely He will help you and love you with all He has! Imagine someone who loves you with everything. Wouldn't you feel just so great? I do and am!

No comments: