Friday, June 17, 2005

What Kind of Person are YOU?

There are two kinds of people on earth today;
Just two kinds of people, no more, I say.

Not the sinner and saint, for it���s well understood,
That the good are half-bad and the had half-good.

Not the rich and the poor, for to rate a man���s wealth,
You must first know the state of his conscience and health.

Not the humble and proud, for in life���s little span,
Who puts on vain airs, is not counted a man.

Not the happy and sad, for the swift flying years
Bring each man his laughter and each man his tears.

No; the two kinds of people on earth I mean,
Are the people who lift, and the people who lean.

Wherever you go, you will find the earth���s masses,
Are always divided in just these two classes.

And oddly enough, you will find too, I ween,
There���s only one lifter to twenty who lean.


In which class are you? Are you easing the load,
Of overtaxed lifters, who toil down the road?
Or are you a leaner, who lets others share
Your portion of labor, and worry and care?

-Ella Wheeler -


���I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good therefore that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now. Let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.���

No comments: