Sunday, October 30, 2011

Ministry - is it the way to go now?

He said: "This girl should go into ministry."
She said: "She is!"

That's really heartening. =)

The positive feedback that I received today is really overwhelming and I really felt that I weren't the one that wrote this sermon. But God did. As I wrote, the words and ideas just flowed. As I typed out the words, I began to comprehend the beauty of the message that I'm punching in. It just seemed that a designer designed this message. It just all felt so God ordained and inspired. Happy.

The comment above was thus far the one that stuck to me because I'm at the crossroads of deciding whether dive right into ministry or try to glean some experience in a traditional job.

It's rather tempting to just try to build you career first before thinking of going into ministry since building your career takes time and it's better to start early. Especially when it seems that the doors to ministry will always stay wide open.

But time is running out! We've to save the world now! lol. It really depends on where God sees me fitting in and when He feels I'm ready to start the work. Whether there is really much to gain from working in the "outside world" in terms of benefiting my service for God.

This reminds of the verse that I read during fast.

Jesus said to them, “My food is to do the will of Him who sent Me, and to finish His work. (John 4:34)

I'm not caring about how the world or my relatives view me. I'm going to care about pleasing God and finishing the work.

No comments: